Sunday, August 14, 2005

It's Not the Same Without the Two of You

Today is a Sunday (in New Zealand, anyway). Sundays are slow moving as not much is open and I'm tired from the week of getting up on California time and working on New Zealand time. When it's quiet and slow like this, I think of the things I miss. As usual, I miss Gail tonight. As Champ would say, "We need you. Hell, I need you. I'm a mess without ya. I miss you so damn much. I miss being with you. I miss being near you! I miss your laugh! I miss - I miss your scent. I miss your musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think you and me should get an apartment together." Wait, we do have a place together, two in fact. Two mortgages, how dumb is that?

I also miss my Emy-Doodles. Especially since she's had a rough go after losing her uncle and breaking up with Shawn within a few days. She's my little sweetheart and I hate to see her so sad. But, she also has a strong streak in her and I know she'll be fine in the end. And she knows it too. As Brick would say, "I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded."

Sundays are slow, but they used to mean more, remember?

No comments: