Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Graduates

Nick graduates from college this week. I am about 80 percent as proud of him as I am of my own kids who also recently graduated. (Note: since Nick isn’t my real kid, much to his surprise, I can’t give him 100 percent backing on this. Sorry.) Many may not know how hard he worked to push himself through junior college and then through a demanding UC Davis schedule and how he did it during the time his peers had already finished school and were well into their careers. It took him an amazing amount of determination and we should all heap praise on him and ask him, “seriously, isn’t it time to grow up?” Special kudos also goes out to my trusted personal, private executive assistant Patrick who just graduated as well. Pat did so while working fulltime at my office and had to endure the fact that Bill and I basically ignored that he was going to college and piled more and more work on him. His prize for graduating, you ask? He gets to still work with me. The secret is; he didn’t need a degree to work for me so he must have done it to accomplish such a difficult goal or to improve him chances for employment with a real company. Maybe that’s why he’s reading the classified section of the newspaper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can believe Pat made it. But Nick? Has UC Davis become a diploma mill? And Andrew is going to become a doctor? I thought it would be easier to change his first name to Doctor.