Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Sentimental Journey

I was similarly pestered by a poster (say it fast three times) who said my stories are perhaps overly-sentimental. It was alleged that I focus too much on dates and deaths and other sentimental moments. I think the old “walking around in my shoes” rule applies here. My house is a veritable sentimental journey; from my mother’s artwork, to photos of important events, to photos of people close to me who are no longer with us. As an aside, if there were Children’s Art Museum, would all the artwork be stuck to museum refrigerators? Also, I have this condition that doesn’t allow me to forget any important date, except the year the Magna Carta was issued leading to an F in a college history course. All of which is to say I have reasons, if not an excuse, to be sentimental.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sentimentality is about the most wonderful, endearing and wonderful part of you-DON'T ever change that, it is without a doubt what makes you one special human and your family and friends so benefit from that "side" of you and there are many other wonderful sides. Never apologize about the fact that you are sensitive, caring and sentimental. You might want to teach others to be more like you...oh wait you did, your family and friends.
Love,
Mrs. Laz

Sladed said...

As one of you fans, I would like to tell that antisentimentalist nazi to bugger off. You cannot cater to the wishes of one person and still please the masses.

As for the year the Magna Carta was issued, what was that, some sort of rule the Brits made up to make soccer, nay football, the sport it is today?

Laz said...

Hey, I get plenty of wonderfuls from the Mrs. As for football, cna you imagine what us Colonists have done to the game. However, I did find out that the Magna Carta was ratified in 1215 so that was the precursor to modern-day NFL. I think.