Friday, February 29, 2008

Resolving Things

OK, so this is the first month of weight loss progress. I had made my rather tardy New Year's Resolutions last month that included the goal of losing 60 pounds this year at a meager rate of five pounds per month. I know what you're saying, "Laz, you don't need to lose 60 pounds, you look marvelous." To quote Cartman, "I'm not fat, I'm big-boned" and I need to shed a few pounds off my bones.

Last month was a dismal failure as I lost no weight (although I have a bit of an excuse as I vacationed at the all-you-can-eat buffet with a great deal of zeal). This month I joined a gym and have only missed a few days. I have been using the elliptical machine, the tread mill, playing some basketball (a lot of running, very little scoring) and even did a little boxing and tried ten minutes of an ab class but had to sulk out with a towel over my head while the instructor -- and The Ber -- called me a "Jumper" for leaving the class.

The bottom line is, I lost five pounds this month, most of it in the last 8-10 days. No big drop like they do in the Biggest Loser TV show. I even gained one pound during my "last chance workout" last night. Oh well, I'm happy I am losing and I feel better exercising. Hopefully I can lose another five in March and keep that up for the rest of the year. Thanks for listening.

5 comments:

Sladed said...

This, my friend, is nothing short of an OUTSTANDING START! You are on the right track. Vacation time doesn't count in the great weight loss scheme of things. 4 pounds or 5 pounds lost...it's ALL good! Keep it up, Jumper!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mr. Laz, you have been most determined to do your workouts and it is great to see Keep up the good work and keep up the losing!!! For once it is good to be a looser!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. I also got started a little late this year. But I don't look at the scale. I just keep at it and my clothes will let me know when I lose the weight.

Try using the weights that will drop more weight faster.

TSP said...

I think you hit on the main point in the last pargraph. Don't obsess over weight loss, worry about feeling better. None of us are competing to look the best in a swim suit - Ber won that race - but we are all trying to be the healthiest we can be. I think your goal should simply be to feel good, enjoy excercise, and add years to your life. I look forward to many years of gym time to come.

Laz said...

I beg your pardon! I would match up against Ber in a swim suit contest any day of the week!