Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Want To Be On Top

I was thinking that the Ol' Lament is in need of a makeover.  Perhaps feeling the need to do this has been motivated in part by being left in the dust by a "competitor's" blog site.  And yes, he wrote something very touching and it meant something to all that know him, but blogging is a tough business (without pay) and I have a bit of a competitive streak in me (in case you haven't noticed).

So I am taking suggestions from my readers about new colors, new features, the kinds of posts you'd like to see more of and posts you'd like to see less of.  Do you want more photos?  More photos of me in a fish net top?  How about new and improved links?  Whatever your comments, let me know so my blog can remain on top of that other guy I won't name whose name begins with Sladed.  

Yes, usually I complain that his blog doesn't get the comments and attention it deserves, but we're in a ratings' war and I need to win!  And, while noting the need for other blogs to get the recognition for putting out good stuff, please check out The Boy's blog and post some comments.  You may not agree with all that he writes about, but he makes you think.  Meanwhile, I am aware The Girl is creating her own blog and I look forward to her first post and will let you know when that occurs.

Finally, I think Lazlo's Lament needs a new name. To be honest, I came up with that name in about 30 seconds and didn't know I would be stuck with it for life or at least for the three years it's be out there.  Has it been three years?  What have I been doing with my life?  So here is an idea for a new name; see what you think:  how about Laz's Blah Blah Blog or just the Blah Blah Blog?  Thoughts and comments?  Let's see if we can get more than 26.  Ha, that would be ironic, wouldn't it?

20 comments:

Laz said...

Yes, very fine idea. You are a genius my boy. This wasn't posted by Laz.

Laz said...

Nor was this.

Laz said...

Wow, there's already three (including this one). Quite impressive!

Sladed said...

I think the name is excellent. Don't change it to Blah blah whatever. I've seen that used in many blog names.

Sladed said...

Pretty impressive that you came up with that name in about 30 seconds. Keep the name!

Sladed said...

I think a change of colors would be nice. You can always change back.

Sladed said...

I think you should also change the look of the blog and try a different template. You can always change back.

Sladed said...

I think you should add a new feature that's available. The "Blog Roll" is a cool feature that lets your readers go to your site and still know when other blogs you list have published something new. It's cool!

Sladed said...

Definately add the feature that Get Sladed has that allows people to sign up for notification whenever you post.

Sladed said...

I think more frequent short posts on your progress in healthy lifestyle would be good. Brief updates on scale readings, exercise efforts in summary (not like Sladed's obsessive posting of workouts on his workout blog), and dietary discoveries/successes would be good.

Laz said...

Thank

Sladed said...

Tell us how well you are doing with dog training and what your critters are up to.

Laz said...

You

Laz said...

For your nice and help comments, oh able competitor.

Laz said...

This is no just pity. Please stop.

Laz said...

I meant to write "this is now just pity." Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Just keep writing and stop spending so much time keeping track/count of your worthy competitor you silly man.

Anonymous said...

Ok I agree a color change would be nice. Don't change the name I love it.

I agree with the last comment stop worring about your competitor and write from the heart as you always do.

That's what people want to read about not stupid stuff.

Linda

Anonymous said...

PLEASE,no pic's of you in fish nets, that's "creepy"... Just keep doing what you do,who is complaining?? and finally YOU don't NEED to be #1 you WANT to be #1, and that's fine if it make you "feel good", but it will not improveon your ability to bring us
your personal insights; and that IS why I for one read your blog..

Sincerly Annonymouse

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for the fishnet pics. Bring it on.