Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Girl Turns 25!

I feel a bit older today because my daughter seems a bit older today. She turned 25, a quarter of a century. I can remember when I celebrated my 25th birthday and, for some reason, I felt I had reached adulthood. Of course it would be decades later before I could get anyone else to agree on that.

It was also the Girl’s first trip back to Carlsbad after moving to San Francisco. I’ve seen her twice since she moved and Mrs. Laz hasn’t seen her since the end of September so it was great to see her smiling face walking out of the airport terminal. She’s only here for a few days, and likely mostly here to see her dog Spooner and her three-legged cat Nubs, but she’s coming back south for Thanksgiving – so we have that to be thankful for.

As the photos indicate, she was warmly welcomed by the fury members of the family (although the Boy, with his pony tail, could be considered a fury member these days). Being without her animal friends was one of the sacrifices she had to make in moving to San Fran, but they are making up for lost time.

It’s great to have her here and seeing her in our family room seems like old times. I know she’s happy up north – I can hear it in her voice when she calls on the phone – but I know Mrs. Laz and I really miss her. She’s such a character, particularly around her birthday because she demands the center of attention – even more than usual.

Happy birthday, sweetheart, we both love and miss you greatly but are happy for you to be where you want to be. It will sure be interesting to see where we all are one year from now as we celebrate your 26th.

3 comments:

Sladed said...

Perfect picture! All motion and emotion. Happy Birthday, Emily! Stay 'fierce' up there!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Em!!!!

Linda

Anonymous said...

"YO EEmily" nobody told ME bout the birthday!! I guesse it's only for a select few...

Anyway, may the best be yours !! and take care there in the bay area
it' a "werid place", but one can
have a great time !!!

agent 69