Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Pet Peeve

I have been in a lot of airport men’s rooms lately. OK, resist the temptation to make the jokes about that. Anyway, the business traveler can be the most annoying person on the planet, especially the ones who have the weird-looking cell phone ear piece sticking out of their heads. Forgive me, but I don’t consider creating a tool that makes it appear as if you’re talking to yourself to be a technological breakthrough.

I don’t know if it’s the same in the lady’s room, but I am getting pretty tired of people talking on their cell phone while in the bathroom. Can they not give it a rest while they – and the people around them – take their call from Nature instead of the accounting office? It’s an invasion of my privacy and I highly doubt the bathroom noises are very interesting to the caller on the other end. Frankly – and I hope I don’t sound like a curmudgeonly old man here – I think it shows absolutely no class or taste to carry on a conversation in the bathroom. Hell, even the acoustics are bad.

I’m all for personal rights, but I’m more for maintaining my personal space. Give it a rest in the restroom!

5 comments:

Sladed said...

This reminds me of a posting http://sladedhumor.blogspot.com/2006/06/bathroom-conversation.html. Cut and paste it to your browser.

I think the bathroom is the perfect place to perform MANY functions, not just #1 or droppin' a deuce.

Laz said...

That's a good joke... And proves my point.

Anonymous said...

Ok you guys, keep it out of the bathroom would ya. We women typically know when is when and rarely are we ever "troubled" in the bathroom with someone carrying on a conversation on the phone-as a matter of fact there are few conversations going on when we are going-I think we aren't as proud of ourselves as you guys are when it comes to eliminating. We do what we need to do, clean ourselves up and then head out to carry on with life.
Men are from Mars...no doubt about it.

Anonymous said...

Mr Laz,

I agree with you on your views on restroom protocol. There is one area I find even more offensive than cell phones and thats people that bring food or beverage into the restroom

SSlade441 said...

The differnce between Men and Women on this issue is the women don't realize us guys have to concentrate to take a leak.