Thursday, January 11, 2007

I've Been Replaced!

Woody Allen used to tell a story about his father becoming “technologically unemployed.” The company he worked for created a machine that could do everything he could do, only better. The sad part was, his wife bought one too.

That pretty much sums up how I feel. I made the mistake of buying Mrs. Laz a little puppy named Missy as a Christmas present, and now I have been replaced. And not just replaced in the essential areas of love and affection, but the damned little four-pound home-wrecker sleeps where I used to.

I like cute puppies and cute kittens, I really do. But answer these questions: can the dog take you out for dinner, keep a job, fulfill the warmer moments of human compassion, not be afraid of vacuum cleaners, or do things that require opposable thumbs? I think not.

I am thinking larcenous thoughts about the both of them. As the Wicked Witch screeched: “The last to go will see the first three go before her. And her little dog too.”

6 comments:

Sladed said...

That is one damn cute dog. You blew it; you ARE in trouble!

Laz said...

Thanks for the support.

Anonymous said...

At least the dogs stays home with me, you on the other hand travel and leave me alone and lonely, what is a woman (in her relative menapausal prime) supposed to do? Missy might be little but she is also mighty. Come home, make friends with the dog and me and I am sure things will work out. Its a big bed, lots of room for a number of living things.
Love,
Mrs. Laz
ps. thanks for the great Christmas present, I really love her.

Anonymous said...

She is awfully cute. I will have to ask Mr. Sladed for one too.
XO
Mrs. Sladed

Anonymous said...

I will have to disagree with Mom. Missy actually doesnt stay home with her as she often leaves unexpectedly to get laid. Dad, since mom has a new little friend to sleep with maybe Diane Lane can sleep in the bed with you.

Sladed said...

For Valentine's Day I suggest you buy a doggy bed and a mate for Little Missy.