Monday, March 19, 2007

OK, It Was a Short Sabbatical

OK, so I am writing on this blog again. This doesn’t mean that I have given up on writing a novel. To the contrary I have found writing in short bursts such as these posts very helpful to keeping my writing skills honed, such as they are. I have written more in my novel and I feel like I benefited from having written in this space, as much for the practice as writing for an audience, something that can be overlooked when one wants to sell books to more than just to his immediate family and friends.

I have missed my blog and writing it again is like being reacquainted with a long lost friend – you know, the kind of friend who you used to love to be with until they stole money from you or did some other rotten thing. Well, I am sure everyone has those kinds of friends. Anyway, I also have to admit that I find myself wanting to yap about things that are going on around me, even if nobody is reading or agrees with me. In other words, expect more and what lies above are examples of some pent up thoughts.

1 comment:

Sladed said...

There was a definate cynergistic void when you decide to semi-retire from blogging. I missed you. Welcome back!