Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Two Years Since

Well, Bill, it’s been two years but it seems like 20. A lot has changed since you left the stage. I sold half of our business to two decent guys. You knew one of them and I think you liked him. I needed some help in replacing you; who would have thought it would take two people? It’s taken some burden off my shoulders but I do have a bit of on-the-job training going on.

We got a chance to see your family a few weeks back for what was a rare family event (something that brought us all together that was about fun and celebration – much better than a funeral, I can report). Willdabeast got married to a Brazilian family and now what is left of our family has grown in size twenty-fold. Willser was a happy man and I am sure you would not be surprised to know that your son was by his side as the Best Man. He gave a great Best Man’s speech which included a few words about missing you, had a big ol’ grin on his face all night and, perhaps, hung out with Mr. Patron a bit too much. But who didn’t?

You daughter looked lovely and older than her years. She also looks a bit like Suey at the age the two of you fell for each other. She danced, smiled at all of Nick’s awful jokes and I think even she met up with Mr. Patron.

Suey looked great. It was the first time I have seen her so happy over the last two years. I know she missed you but it also seemed she got to revel in the laughter of others. You would have been proud of her, your nephew and his cousins. They all did a great job and we have finally been blessed with a real reason to celebrate.

There’s much more to tell you, but I figure you know it all anyway. I just wanted you to know I was especially thinking of you today and all the good we once had and all that we miss. We’ll meet again someday and I hope we will all be judged favorably by the way we have dealt with your loss and yet still kept our eyes looking forward in a positive way. Some days the wave breaks in front of you and sometimes you catch the ride of your life. You’d be happy to know we’re all watching out for the big set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice words there Lazlo. Bill is truly missed and just how did two years already pass? But then another day goes and I wonder how long does time really drag on? Things sure have moved forward-some good news has come and some tough moments and days have come too. All in all, life is good and the alternative is not.
Thanks for being such a sentimental person, it is nice to have someone around who values the experiences of a lifetime even when one is experiencing them.
Keep on writing as it is a joy for those of who read!!