Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Win Some, Lose Some

The Boy had to deal with a bit more losses this past week than he is used to. At work, he was part of a team that included me and other regular readers of this goofy site that were passed over for a large contract. The reasons we didn’t get the job are probably not that simple but, in the Boy’s mind, a loss is a loss and hard to take especially when we were so prepared to win. Then he had to go to a national master’s water polo tournament in San Diego with an under-manned team that was missing a few key players. They won only one out of four games and, by his own admission, played one of the worst games of his life when friends showed up to watch. On the one hand, I like the desire to win that burns in him and wish I could maintain the same passion. On the other hand, I hope he understands that as life progresses, the losses add up but so do the wins. Unfortunately we have to get through the losses to get to the wins unless you handle your business affairs like Enron or the U.S. Government.

2 comments:

Sladed said...

And you were always bragging to me about his water polo playing abilities. Hmph!

Laz said...

Well my kid dog can still beat up your dog! I guess that makes since as you dog is 205 years old and mine is only 114. Hmph back to you.